Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 6: Upper Pisang to Ghyaru (11,220 ft-12,111 ft)

Another nap along the way.
We've had some mediocre meals on our trek, which is understandable due to the difficulty of delivering supplies, but last night's meal of pizza and vegetable mom0s (dumplings) was absolutely horrendous. The pizza consisted of tomato paste poured over undercooked flatbread with cabbage and a bit of yak cheese. The momos had so much salt I think my heart stopped. Of course, we were too polite to say anything to the little old lady innkeeper about her cooking that we just told her that we were full and that is why we left everything half eaten. Ah and in the morning after a restless night, we woke to clouds, and for me it got worse as I came down with a stomach bug which sapped all my strength. This made the 1000 ft ascent to Ghyaru a long arduous day and we felt like moving speed bumps - take ten steps, stop to rest, then try ten more. Robyn had to keep encouraging me along as all I wanted to do was lie down. Eventually she had to take my pack and a hike that was supposed to take less than 2 hours ended up taking 4.5 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment