Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cromwell NZ 12/05/2010

Going for a swim down at the lake.

Poplars, trailers and wind. So NCW.

After a drive further south we set up camp at a nice caravan park along a lake in Cromwell. I kept commenting during the drive how much the area looked like central Washington State. I believe Robyn started to roll her eyes after a while, but to me the similarities were striking. The mountains, lakes and rivers, the dry hot air. It felt like coming home on a warm summer day. Ahhh...It was nice. Up with the sun, and that's pretty early here in New Zealand in the summertime. I figured morning might be my best chance to catch a fish, and sure enough it was. After only a few casts I pulled in good sized rainbow trout. It's been a long time since I've actually successfully caught something edible. I was in high spirits when I woke Robyn to show her our dinner. We had just finished a couple of nights of tacos, and pasta was slated for our evening meal. It wasn't the perfect combination but it was a satisfying side dish. On the road again...

No comments:

Post a Comment